Refund and Transfer Requests

  • A Few Notes About Refunds:

    Student Accounts Follow Them

    Student accounts are linked to their Hernando County Student Identification Number.

    This means that as long as your student moves between any Hernando County School Distict school, there is no need to submit a request.

    Students graduating from an Elementary to a Middle, or from a K-8 to a High do not need to submit requests.

    There is also no need to submit requests at the end of every year as their balances follow them into next year, as long as they are enrolled in a HCSD school.

    CEP No-Cost Meals

    While Food and Nutrition Services is currently offering a student breakfast and lunch at no cost, it is still recommended that students maintain a positive balance in their accounts for snacks, treats or other extra items.

    Positive student balances eliminates common problems with sending cash to school with students, such as lost monies or change that never makes it back home to a guardian's hands.

    Every student purchase is visible (and fully itemized) in the Titan Family Portal under History->Student Purchases on the left-hand menu.

    Spending limits can also be set for each child in the Titan Family Portal.

    Student Account Monies Reside In The District

    Titan School Solutions is merely a software provider and payment processor. They process transactions for us when monies are applied to student accounts.

    However, they are not a bank.

    Student account funds are taken from your chosen source (say a bank checking account or debit card) by Titan and deposited into the Hernando County School District's funds accounts.

    Titan cannot issue refunds or transfers because they do not have access to the District's financial accounts except to deposit incoming funds. This is similar to an employer using direct deposit to pay employees does not have the ability to withdraw funds from an employee's bank account.


    Requesting a transfer

    Transfers between student accounts within the Hernando County School District will now handled inside of the Titan Family Portal starting with the 2019-2020 school year.

    To transfer funds, log in to the Titan Family Portal. From there, select the three vertial dots next to one of your students. On the pop-up list, select "Transfer". Fill in the requested information.


    Requesting a refund

    To request a refund of a student's account, use the linked form below.

    Please note that refund requests are only neccessary if your child will not be attending school in the Hernando County School District. Examples include a graduating Senior, your student will be starting home schooling, or your family (household) is moving out of the county.

  • Special Note:

    Student account balances were frozen as of June 3rd, 2019 in preparation for Food and Nutrition Services move to our new software over the 2019 summer.

    Student balances were transferred over to the new software and no refund is necessary if they will be attending a Hernando County School for the 2019-2020 school year.


    Transfers may be done inside of your Titan Family Portal account.


    Form Image Refund Request Form